May all beings be peaceful May all beings be happy May all beings be safe May all beings be free of suffering May all beings be liberated May all beings realize their essence and live this fully, completely and utterly!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

A New Earth ~ favorites from Chapter 3 ~ The Core of the Ego













Here are a whole bunch of favorites!










"Nonreaction to the ego in others is one of the most effective ways not only of going beyond ego in yourself but also of dissolving the collective human ego." (p. 62)





"Nonreaction is not weakness but strength. Another word for nonreaction is forgiveness. To forgive is to overlook, or rather to look through. You look through the ego to the sanity that is in every human being as his or her essence." (p. 63)



"You are the awareness that is aware of the voice (in the head)." (p. 64)





"Ego implies unawareness. Awareness and ego cannot coexist." (p. 64)





"Forgiveness happens naturally when you see that it (the grievance) has no purpose other than to strengthen a false sense of self, to keep the ego in place. The seeing is freeing." (p. 66)





"There is only one absolute Truth, and all other truths emanate from it... The Truth is inseparable from who you are." (p. 71)





"Whatever you fight, you strengthen, and what you resist, persists." (p. 75)





"Compassion arises when you recognize that all are suffering from the same sickness of the mind, some more acutely than others." (p. 76)





"All that is required to become free of the ego is to be aware of it, since awareness and ego are incompatible. Awareness is the power that is concealed within the present moment. This is why we may call it Presence." (p.78)





"Only Presence can free you of the ego, and you can only be present Now, not yesterday or tomorrow." (p. 78)





"Spiritual realization is to see clearly that what I perceive, experience, think, or feel is ultimately not who I am, that I cannot find myself in all those things that continuously pass away." (p. 78)





"The only thing that ultimately matter is this: Can I sense my essential Beingness, the I Am, in the background of my life at all times? To be more accurate, can I snes the I Am that I Am at this moment? Can I sense my essential identity as consciousness itself? Or am I losing myself in what happens, losing myself in the mind, in the world?" (p. 79)





"Only the truth of who you are, if realized, will set you free." (p. 80)





"Once you realize and accept that all structures (forms) are unstable, even the seemingly solid material ones, peace arises within you." (p. 81)




"The moment you become aware of the ego in yourself, that emerging awareness is who you are beyond ego, the deeper 'I'. The recognition of the false is already the arising of the real." (p. 81)





"In a genuine relationship, there is an outward flow of open, alert attention toward the other person in which there is no wanting whatsoever. That alert attention is Presence. It is the prerequisite for any authentic relationship." (p. 84)




♥♥♥






No comments:

Post a Comment